The Olmsted County Tuberculosis Clinic was opened in 2001 and is located in the Olmsted County Public Health Services building. It is staffed by Olmsted County public health nursing and laboratory staff and Mayo Clinic physicians specializing in tuberculosis diagnosis and treatment. All medical practitioners in Olmsted County are encouraged to refer patients with suspected active tuberculosis to the Olmsted County Tuberculosis Clinic for radiologic and laboratory testing and appropriate rule-out or directly observed therapy. Interpreter services are provided when needed.
These services are also available to residences of neighboring Southeastern Minnesota Counties who have contracted with Olmsted County to provide the service. Please consult with your local public health administrator to determine eligibility.
- TB skin testing (Mantoux)
- Treatment of latent TB infection (LTBI)
- Treatment of active TB disease using Directly Observed Therapy (DOT)
- Diagnosis, evaluation and rule-out of active TB disease
- Contact investigations, testing, and follow-up of contacts
- Nursing Case Management of TB patients
TB Skin Testing Hours:
Mon. , Tue., Wed., & Fri.: 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tests must be looked at by a nurse at Public Health 48 - 72 hours after being placed.
All Olmsted County residents, regardless of health insurance status, are eligible to receive services provided at the Olmsted County TB Clinic. Residents of counties contracted with Olmsted county to provide TB services.
- Mantoux TB skin tests: $15.00.
- For Olmsted County residents diagnosed with latent or active TB disease, all medications and services related to treatment are provided without charge.
- We accept cash, American Express/Discover and MasterCard as well as Medical Assistance, Minnesota Care, U-Care and Blue Plus as payment for skin tests.
- We are unable to accept private insurance.
To refer patients with suspected active TB, or treatment of LTBI, or other patient referrals, contact Kevin McCoy, PHN at 507 328-7477 or email@example.com