Adult Foster Care
Adult foster homes provide food, lodging, protection, and supervision and household services. They provide needed supportive services and assistance with activities of daily living to maintain and support the client in the community. Populations generally served are persons with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, traumatic brain injury, mental health issues and the elderly. They may also provide personal care, living skills assistance and training, medication assistance and safeguarding cash resources.
Vulnerable Adult (VA) Training for Adult Foster Care Providers.
The Vulnerable Adults Mandated Reporting course is designed to introduce you to:
- The Vulnerable Adults Act
- Definition of maltreatment
- Who are the mandated reporters
- The Common Entry Point (CEP)
The Department of Human Services on-line training module is located at http://registrations.dhs.state.mn.us/WebManRpt/default.htm the continue button will navigate throughout the training
Tips for navigating the on-line Vulnerable Adult training are located at http://registrations.dhs.state.mn.us/WebManRpt/nav2.html
A new training requirement for the 245D license is: Data Privacy Training
For the training above you can sign in as a guest, complete the training, and print the results page for your file.
Additional training will be posted as they are scheduled. Register Online
Adult Foster Care New Provider Orientation (required before licensure) Prior Registration Is Required For Orientation
Adult Foster Care Orientation dates for 2015
Orientations will be held at 2100 Campus Drive SE - 1st Floor Cascade Room - 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Thursday, January 22, 2015
- Thursday, June 18, 2015
- Thursday, September 24, 2015
No registration required for the support groups listed below.
Adult Foster Care Support Groups for 2015
All support groups will be held at 2100 Campus Drive SE - 1st Floor Cascade Room - 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 21, 2015
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- Wednesday, June 17, 2015
- Wednesday, July 15, 2015
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015
- Wednesday, September 16, 2015
- Wednesday, October 21, 2015
- Wednesday, November 18, 2015
- Wednesday, December 16, 2015
DHS Online Training Opportunity
Vulnerable Adult Mandated Reporting (22 KB PDF)
- Know who is a mandated reporter
- Understand what constitutes maltreatment
- Know when and how to contact the Common Entry Point to make a vulnerable adult maltreatment report
- Understand the Vulnerable Adults Act
Details on the DHS website at