Adult Foster Care
Adult foster homes provide food, lodging, protection, and supervision and household services. They provide needed supportive services and assistance with activities of daily living to maintain and support the client in the community. Populations generally served are persons with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, traumatic brain injury, mental health issues and the elderly. They may also provide personal care, living skills assistance and training, medication assistance and safeguarding cash resources.
Vulnerable Adult (VA) Training for Adult Foster Care Providers. Providers are required to take this training on a yearly basis. The Department of Human Services on-line training module is located at http://registrations.dhs.state.mn.us/WebManRpt/default.htm
A new training requirement for the 245D license is: Data Privacy Training
For the training above you can sign in as a guest, complete the training, and print the results page for your file.
Additional training will be posted as they are scheduled.
Adult Foster Care New Provider Orientation (required before licensure)
Prior Registration Is Required For Orientation
All orientations are held at 2100 Campus Drive SE - Cascade Room - 1st Floor|
Orientation dates for 2014 will be published soon.
No registration required for the support groups listed below.
Adult Foster Care Support Groups for 2014
All support groups will be held at 2100 Campus Drive SE - 1st Floor Cascade Room
- Wednesday January 15th - 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Wednesday February 5th - 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wednesday March 19th - 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Wednesday April 16th - 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Wednesday May 7th - 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Wednesday June 18th - 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Wednesday July 16th - 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Wednesday August 6th - 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wednesday September 17th - 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Wednesday October 15th - 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Wednesday November 19th - 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Adult Foster Care Support Groups for 2015
All support groups will be held at 2100 Campus Drive SE - 1st Floor Cascade Room - 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Wednesday, January 7, 2015
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015
- Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- Wednesday, June 3, 2015
- Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- Wednesday, August 5, 2015
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015
- Wednesday, November 4, 2015
DHS Online Training Opportunity
Vulnerable Adult Mandated Reporting (22 KB PDF)
- Know who is a mandated reporter
- Understand what constitutes maltreatment
- Know when and how to contact the Common Entry Point to make a vulnerable adult maltreatment report
- Understand the Vulnerable Adults Act
Details on the DHS website at