|The Community Alternatives for Disabled Individuals (CADI) Waiver provides funding for home and community-based services for children and adults, who would otherwise require the level of care provided in a nursing facility. CADI Waiver services may be provided in a person's own home, in his/her biological or adoptive family's home, in a relative's home (e.g. sibling, aunt, grandparent etc.), a family foster care home or corporate foster care home, a board and lodging facility or in an assisted living facility. If married, a person may receive CADI Waiver services while living at home with his or her spouse.
Who is eligible for CADI Waiver services?
Eligibility for CADI Waiver services is determined through a screening process. To be eligible for CADI Waiver services, a person must meet all these criteria:
- Be a Medical Assistance recipient or be eligible for MA based on the person's own income or assets
- Be certified disabled by the State Medical Review Team or by the Social Security Administration
- Be under the age of 65 years when the waiver is opened
- Be determined to require the level of care provided to individuals in a nursing facility
- Have an assessed need for supports and services over and above those available under other funding sources
- Choose care and services in the community instead of a nursing facility
- Contact an intake worker at 507 328-6519
|What else is important for participation in the CADI Waiver?
Once eligibility is determined for participation in the CADI Waiver, certain questions must be asked about services including:
- Are the services necessary to ensure the recipient's health, welfare and safety?
- Is the service covered by any other funding source, for example, Medical Assistance state plan services, private health care coverage, Medicare, education or Vocational Rehabilitation Service funding?
- Have all options been assessed, and does this option meet the individual desires, needs and preferences of the person?
- Is the cost of the service considered reasonable and customary?
|In addition to services covered by Medical Assistance, what services are available through the CADI Waiver?
- Adult day care
- Assisted living services
- Caregiver support and training
- Case management and case aide services
- Chore services
- Consumer directed community support (CDCS)
- Extended home health aide and nursing services
- Extended home health therapies
- Extended personal care assistant services
- Extended supplies and equipment
- Extended transportation services
- Family counseling and training
- Foster care services
- Home delivered meals
- Homemaker services
- Independent living skills
- Modifications to home or vehicle
- Prevocational services
- Residential care services
- Respite care
- Supported employment services
|How can persons apply for the CADI Waiver?
You can apply for the CADI Waiver at Olmsted County Home & Community Care at 507 328-6519.