Information Technology Solutions
Partnering with our customers to provide dynamic IT solutions
The purpose of Information Technology Solutions is:
To support the goals and objectives of Olmsted County by providing services that encourage optimal use of information resources. We do this by providing:
- Customer Service and Support
- Technical Consulting and Support
- Data Security and Network Security
- Reliable, Responsive Voice/Data/Video/Wireless Environment
- Information Technology (IT) Application Services
- Stability and Standards in the IT Environment
Staff in the Olmsted County Information Technology Solutions provides the following services:
- Customer Support: Provide services and support to customers in the areas of Service Desk, IT Applications, Telecommunications, PC Workstations, Data Center Processing, Imaging, Data Entry, and Email.
- Application Services and Support: Design, program, install, implement, enhance, select, customize, integrate, maintain, and/or support business application software.
- Production Application Processing: Make sure that equipment is available to do online processing. Process batch applications on time.
- Processor and Networking Environment Support: Ensure Processors (iSeries mid-range, PC servers, and PC workstations) and the network (cabling, network equipment, and telecommunications hardware) are optimized and available to users to accomplish their automated job functions.
Olmsted County ITS continues "Top 10" tradition with Digital Counties Survey
Olmsted County has once again shown that we are innovative and resourceful in delivering digital services to our citizens, even in a tough economical year. In a survey sponsored by both the National Association of Counties (NACo) and eRepublic's Center for Digital Government, we placed third nationally in the population category of less than 150,000.
Press Release - The Digital Counties Survey is conducted in partnership with the National Association of Counties (NACo) annually in the spring: March - April.
In the Spotlight
2011 M4R Annual Report to the Board of Commissioners - 734KB PDF
2010 M4R Annual Report to the Board of Commissioners - 288KB PDF
2009 Annual Report - 356KB PDF
2008 Annual Report - 1021KB PDF
Technology Committee Charter - 78KB PDF