Olmsted County Law Library
The Law Library is pleased to announce that Thomas J. Sherman will be serving as temporary Law Librarian this fall and winter while the incumbent is on medical leave. Mr. Sherman has his J.D. from Hamline University, and a B.A. from the University of Minnesota. He joined the Rochester community in October of 2013. He previously worked with a law firm in town, as well as volunteering with Legal Assistance of Olmsted County.
Olmsted County Law Library Mission Statement:
To support a great community by providing efficient, cost-effective access for all library stakeholders – the judiciary, the local bar, local government, self-represented litigants, all residents of Olmsted County, and members of the general public - to dynamic, world-class legal information resources and technology.
Vision & Goals:
To Achieve Excellence through:
1) Facilitating meaningful access to the courts for all self-represented litigants;
2) Providing free access to current legal information resources and technology for all library stakeholders; and
3) Creating a proactively responsive environment in support of personal or professional legal education and endeavor.
Current Members of the Law Library Board of Trustees:
Special Features or Services: Free Legal Advice Clinics!!!! Free CLEs for Attorneys and Judges!!! (click links on the left for eligibility and scheduling information)
The Law Library will be closed on the following days in 2014:
- Tuesday, November 11
- Thursday, November 27
- Friday, November 28
- Wednesday, December 24 (half-day, open 8 AM to noon)
- Thursday, December 25
Law Librarian Regular Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - noon, and 1 PM - 4:30 PM. You can also make an appointment to meet with the Law Librarian, either via email or phone at 507-328-7605.
Law Librarian Availability in September 2014: The Law Library will be open its regular hours, but the Law Librarian will NOT be available in the library to assist you during the following times; apologies for any inconvenience:
- The Law Librarian will be unavailable all day, September 23, and
- From Noon to 1 PM each business day, as noted above
Email the Law Librarian.