Information regarding No-Excuse Absentee Voting
New in 2014: Voters are encouraged to vote absentee and no longer need to state a reason. Stop by our office today or complete, print, email, mail, or fax your application to us.
In-Person Absentee Voting is available at:
1421 3rd Ave SE, 2nd floor
Landmarks: Building located on east side of the Olmsted County Fairgrounds off of 3rd Avenue. Wright's Small Engine is across the street from us.
You may also apply for your absentee ballot online by accessing this link. Note: By applying this way, you will receive your ballot by mail.
Availability of Absentee Ballot Applications
Absentee ballots are available 46 days prior to the state primary and the state general election.
An eligible voter may vote by absentee ballot in person at the local absentee office in Rochester during the following times for the primary and general elections.
- During normal office hours beginning 46 days before the election;
- On the Saturday before the election from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; or
- On the Monday before the election until 5 p.m.
You may pick up an application for an absentee ballot in person, or request one from the Olmsted County Election Dept. at the Olmsted County Government Center on the main floor at 151 4th St. S.E., Rochester, MN 55904, (507) 328-7650. Ballots that need to be mailed to a voter will be mailed after an application has been received by the election office.
You may also print an absentee ballot application on your personal computer printer.
You may fax the application to our office at (507) 328-7964 or mail the application to:
Olmsted County Elections
151 4th Street SE
Rochester, MN 55904
- When returning your completed voted ballot in person, to the county or municipal office, the ballot must be received by 5 p.m. on the day before the election.
- When returning your completed voted ballot by mail, the ballot must be received (not postmarked) at the polling place on Election Day.
- You may track your ballot at: Absentee Ballot Lookup