Drivers Licenses and ID Cards
At the Government Center, we offer various services including:
- First time ID cards
- Renewal of Minnesota driver's licenses and ID cards
- Request duplicates for lost or stolen drivers licenses and ID cards
- Process address and name changes to drivers licenses and ID cards
- Fast Track program (Not available for some services)
- Submit status check updates
All other driver's services are conducted at the Minnesota State Exam Station in the River Center Plaza, 1631 North Broadway, Rochester 55906.
All services must be in person and require an application.
Applications are not available online and will be provided
at Vital Records and Licensing.
Cash, Personal Checks or Credit Cards are acceptable forms of payment.
Make checks payable to: Olmsted County Vital Records.
State ID Card
- Submit Proof of Identification
( Identification Requirements 53.25 KB)
- Submit your current driver's license
- Pass vision test
- A photo will be taken
- Applicants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
Driver's License Duplicate
- Proof of Identity is not required for a lost or stolen license
- Guarantees production of your card within 3 business days
- $20.00 fee
- Service is not available for standard renewals
- Submit original documents supporting your status