Opening a Restaurant


This is a complicated process that involves building code, zoning, and food safety requirements. Working with an architect who has experience with designing food service establishments is the best place to start.

See the Construction Guide below for more details. Call Olmsted County Environmental Health at 507 328-7500. if you have any questions, need a plan review application, or would like to schedule a consultation with Environmental Health staff.

Food Service Construction Guide (791 KB  - 19 pages)

Food Beverage Plan Review Application (72 KB PDF)