Olmsted County logo-Go to homepage
County Departments

Rental Assistance Programs in Olmsted County



There are two general types of rental assistance programs available in Olmsted County:

Tenant based - the assistance stays with the tenant, and
Project based - the participant must live in a particular unit (project) to get assistance.

Olmsted County Housing and Rehabilitation Authority administers two rental assistance programs:

 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV)

(formerly known as "Section 8")
federal (HUD) tenant-based program

 Low Income Public Housing (LIPH) local project-based program for families

The following programs are available through various other Olmsted County agencies:

Housing Options Program (HOP) local tenant-based program for tenants with special needs 
Transitional Housing Assistance Program (T-RAP) tenant-based state program for single mothers and households of color

More detail on each program and the agency to contact to make application is available at the links on the left.

Digital Counties Survey 2010 Winner
Home | Privacy Policy and Disclaimer | HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices | Contact Us
Olmsted County provides secure email boxes for members of the public to submit emails about confidential issues including, but not limited to, child and adult protection reports, criminal activity and public health concerns. Please use these secure email boxes for these types of issues. Olmsted County disclaims all liability for unauthorized use and dissemination of confidential information if members of the public submit emails about confidential issues using the regular unsecured county departmental email boxes.
Copyright © 2015 Olmsted County, Minnesota