The proposed 55th Street Extension & Broadway Avenue North project will address several regional issues:
· Provide an east-west connection between US 52 and Broadway Avenue North
· Extend the four lane section on Broadway Avenue from 41st St to 48th St NE
· Accommodate traffic from existing and future growth in northwest and northeast Rochester
· Relieve congestion on CSAH 22 (37th Street)
· Improve highway safety and mobility
The proposed project includes a new four-lane roadway and river crossing on a new alignment in northern Rochester. In 2007, a preferred alignment for the proposed extension of 55th Street was selected. It will extend 55th Street from its current terminus at West River Road to intersect with Broadway Avenue North at 48th Street. The project will also include the reconstruction of Broadway Avenue North to a four-lane roadway from the new 55th Street Extension connection south to the Shopko area. Jurisdiction of Broadway Avenue North (formerly TH 63) from 37th Street to 75th Street has recently been transferred to Olmsted County. Project design is complete and Hoffman Construction has been awarded the construction contract with a low bid of $32,799,805. Construction will begin in the Fall of 2015 and is anticipated to be completed in the Fall of 2017.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
If you would like to provide comments on the project please contact the following project staff:
Olmsted County Design Engineer
Olmsted County Public Works Department
Consultant Project Manager - SRF Consulting Group Inc.