Frequently Asked Questions


Also visit for additional information.


For all travel ID requirements visit TSA's website and Homeland Security's website


Q: What is the difference between a passport book and a passport card?

A: The passport book is used for all forms of international travel. The passport card is good for land travel border crossings only, for example to Canada or Mexico in the lower 48 states and for traveling via a cruise to from a US port, though we recommend having a passport book for this form of travel.

Q: How much does a passport cost?

A:  Click here to access current Passport fees.

Please note, there are many variables when determining what the fees for a passport will be. Our office requires a check for the passport.

The application processing fee and photo fee are separate from the check that will be needed for the passport.

Q: I want to get a passport for my child, but the child's other parent is unavailable, what can I do?

A: The absent parent will need to complete form DS-3053, Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16. This form is required to be notarized and signed by the absent parent. Bring this form with all other required documentation when applying for a passport.

For situations where the other parent is deceased, please bring a certified copy of the death certificate.

Q: Does my child need to be present when I apply for their passport?

A: Yes, all parties are required to be present when applying for a passport.

Q: My parents are deceased, do you really need their information on the application?

A: Yes, it's best to have all fields on the application filled in completely