Visit our Services Directory - The service directory is a one-stop-shop to search for services such as how to apply for a driver's license or medical assistance.
Due to COVID-19, the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office is following recommendations from the National level and postponing the annual National Night Out community-building celebration to this fall, Tuesday, October 6.
National Night Out normally takes place on the first Tuesday in August each year.
The Olmsted County Sheriff's Office is pleased to announce another year of participation in National Night Out on Oct.6, 2020! The annual event is in its 37th year of existence and takes place in thousands of communities from all fifty states, including Olmsted County.
National Night Out (NNO) is an annual community-building event to promote police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie. The evening gives an opportunity to enhance the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing a true sense of community.
How you can plan the BEST National Night Out party for your neighborhood...
• Talk to your neighbors about having a National Night Out event
• Decide the type of event you would like to have: potluck, ice cream social, BBQ competition, root beer floats, etc.
• Send invitations to neighbors (call, text, social media, etc.)
• Register your party online at RochOlmstedNNO.com
• Plan activities for kids like coloring this Olmsted County Sheriff's Office Logo.
• Decide on entertainment or music if interested
• Contact community officials about necessary permits for noise and street closures.
• And don't forget to apply for neighborhood sponsorships with our National Night Out partner Custom Alarm at
Thank you to everyone who has participated in National Night Out in the previous years. We hope that you found value in gathering with your neighbors and having local law enforcement stop by your parties. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to give us a call at 507-328-6777.